Property fix-up shows are gaining popularity on television, but are their suggestions really what adds value to property? It may seem sensible that a coat of paint and a new kitchen will entice buyers, but smart buyers should look beyond the façade and examine a property’s potential. In this episode of Real Estate Matters, Toni invites money and property expert Bessie Hassan to explain what sellers should do to really increase their property’s value, and what buyers should look for, either to save money on a purchase, or maximize a sale in the future.
It isn’t just the house that sells a property. Whether you’re a buyer or a seller, have you considered the impact of planned infrastructure changes by the local council? What about school catchment areas? Bessie explains to Toni how these and other external factors can significantly affect the selling price of a property. They also discuss why Toni believes “where there’s caffe latte, there’s capital gains”, and some tips on what to look for if you want a great property at a knock-down price. Finally, Bessie has a few money-saving hacks for young people saving for a deposit, or anyone who simply wants to save a bit of extra cash.
About Bessie Hassan
Bessie Hassan is a money and c who has been interviewed more than 80 times on television and countless times on the radio. She has a degree in business and has worked in the media and communications industry for over 14 years. Bessie is currently the Head of PR Australia for Finder.com.au. Finder.com.au is a website offering advice on several financial topics, and concentrating on comparisons between services such as credit cards, insurance, and loans.
- Why property fix-up shows get it wrong
- Should you remodel that kitchen before you sell?
- What should new buyers look for in a house, beyond the façade
- External factors that could contribute to the value of a property
- Where to get information on local planning
- Why you should get to know the neighbors in your new prospective neighborhood
- Why should young buyers care about school catchment areas?
- How coffee shops can predict the future of a neighborhood
- Where there shouldn’t be any rush when you’re buying property
- Money-saving hacks that anyone can benefit from
Learn More About Finder.com.au
Toni welcomes questions and comments! Feel free to email her at email@example.com!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below